Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break in the wind

It seems that this break has just breezed by way too fast.
It could be that time won't stand still for me and just let
the people I love stay in one place for more than a moment.

Lauren left for Panama City with a group of sorority sisters 
on Friday and came back Thursday.

Jordan came home on Saturday.

Bill left on Sunday for Washington DC to attend a class for the 
Guard and came back home on Friday.

Jordan, Kalli and I went to Dallas on Monday and Tuesday.  The plan was to see King Tut, but I didn't plan ahead - NO tickets.  So we thought we would go to the Aquarium.  Can you believe there was a very long line?  Kalli made the command decision to not stand in line and head on back to OKC.  We did eat at two of our favorite eateries and did some shopping at Northpark, Allen Outlets and a new favorite, Home Goods.  I have learned my lesson, thank you very much. (Kalli & Jordan @ the Aquarium.) 

Kalli left on Thursday morning on a mission trip to southern OK to spruce up a handicap campground (dare you to say that fast five times) with our LifeChurch campus youth group.  She text me last night to let me know "it's a tad cool here".  I don't think she packed any "warm" clothes. She gets back today!

I will have everyone around tonight and half a day tomorrow before everyone scatters again.  I am extremely sad about this.  I hate that everyone is growing up!  I don't know how this happened.  

If I could find the clock that would turn back the hands of time, I would.
If I could bottle them, I would.
If I could put bricks on their heads to stop them from growing, I would.
But since I can't, I will love them while they are here and enjoy their
faces and their sounds as much as possible until we are all together
again.  

1 comment:

  1. That post made me sad! And I can't believe y'all didn't go to see King Tut.

    ReplyDelete