Monday, February 2, 2009

I believe she has grown up #2

So Kalli and I were in Forney over the weekend having fun with the "A" girls.  Boy, did I forget what it was like to have little people around for more than an hour or two.  Alex is so calm and such a great big sister to AVA ( the reason she is in caps is because she is such a presence - I don't know any other way to describe her).  I loved being around them - reminded me of days past.  I got to thinking about Ava's age and realized that she is the same age Jordan was when I had Kalli.  What was I thinking?  Thanks for letting us invade your life Allison.
What makes me sad today is Kalli growing up.  When she was young, and I mean from baby to not so many years ago, she had a Puffalump baby doll.  She could not go anywhere without that baby for years.  Don't get me started about the time we lost it in a drive-through or the times we would find it in the pantry or 'frig.  It was precious.  I made my first e-bay purchase buying THREE of them so we would never be without again.                                                                                                                
Half way throught grade school she didn't need it except for at nighttime.  It has been in her closet for the past four years.  Last night she was cleaning out her closet and found two of them.  She asked me what she should do with them.  I thought she would always cherish them just like I cherish her everyday.  But now they are just pink dolls that she wants to give away.  Even writing this makes me sad, and I could really cry, but I won't!
I guess they are more precious to me because I remember her loving them with all her heart and it just brings me back to a time I will never get back.  I hate that she is 17!
So I will look for a place to store them away for my own memories just like I have done with Jordan's Big Bird and Pongo from 101 Dalamations and Lauren's many Barbies.  Someday I will give them away, but until then I will cherish the sweet, sweet memories of my babies.

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. You better not get rid of those dolls.

    So glad that you've now entered the blogworld!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should keep those sweet dolls forever! I still have this ridiculous stuffed dog I got for Christmas when I was like 2...I won't ever get rid of it and I have no idea why!? Anyway, glad you're blogging now! I love reading anything the Kilmers write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Can't wait to see y'all next weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete