Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Our new roof has totally stressed out Rusty!

The hailstorm we had in November has blessed us with a new roof.
We've lived here for 14 years, so I guess we were due.  So Rhett, roofer guy,
called yesterday to let us know we had some good days ahead to get the job done.
I left for work today with a beautiful winter lawn intact, except for the dog poop.
This is what I came home to see today  - the backyard is pretty much the same.


They have actually cleaned up alot in the front and most of it in the back.  So
tomorrow they will be putting the decking on and then the shingles.  The crazy 
thing about this roof is our trusty dog Rusty.



He has worked himself into a frenzy from being stuck in the house all day.
He made himself sick in the house.  Don't you know I love him?
I took this picture of him while I was standing outside.  I think it's funny
how the reflection of the hose looks like a partial halo on his head!
Not possible - he is the local sheriff to cats, squirrels, skunks and most men.
We've kept him inside - he may be partial to "Mexican" food also.




6 comments:

  1. Wow! Two posts already!

    I didn't know anything about the new roof. And poor Rusty...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yo mom,

    sweet blog.

    love,
    jordan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How’s the roof now? I hope it’s still in a good condition. Here’s a tip to maintain its longevity: keep the debris away from your roof to avoid the shingles from rotting. Anyway, congratulations on that roof job! I know it’s late but it’s better than never. :D

    - Brendan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, poor Rusty! I do hope that he was able to calm down after a while. At least with the new roof, he and the family will be better protected. How has your new roof withstood the past few years? We’ve been having some pretty bad weather recently, so I hope your roof has proven to be worthy of every penny you spent on it.

    ~ Saundra Wordlaw ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I think Rusty was just trying to protect the family he loves while the house was getting its first line of defense repaired. What’s your new roof made of? Hopefully, you chose the material that will last you at least 15-20 years. That’ll truly make your effort and money worth it.

    -- Elizabeth Hoffnung --

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this amazing information. Remodeling is always a good idea.

    Memphis Roofing Contractors

    ReplyDelete